Interview Procedure :
The information on the interview is pretty sketchy but it may consist of both technical grilling and HR interview
The written test is purely technical with stress on Networking, C, Operating Systems, Data Structures etc. You should be clear with the fundamentals of these and other core subjects. Questions are mainly multiple-choice though this may vary.
About The Company :
Axes Technologies(I) Pvt. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Axes Technologies Inc, Dallas, USA and was set up in 1995 in Bangalore. The Chennai center came up in 1997 and a second center was established in Bangalore in 1998.
Axes specializes in the development of telecom software. Axes has developed high quality software for Long Distance Tandem and Mobile Switches. Axes has state-of-the-art infrastructure and computing environment at its facilities spread over 50,000 sq.ft. Over 275 talented software professionals work here. Axes is a 100% export oriented unit - set up under the umbrella of Software Technology Park (STP) of the Government of India.
Axes products are currently being used by leading telecom companies all over the world. Axes is executing projects in the areas of Tandem Switches, Cellular Switches, STP, Network Management, AIN Peripherals and Digital Loop Carrier Systems. The Bangalore center has been certified for ISO 9001 by Underwriters Laboratories Inc., and is working towards achieving SEI CMM level 4.
Computer science branch students had 4 sections to
1 .General aptitude (simple - easier than RSAgarwal)
Q-11. was wrong it was relating to some fatal relationship. the other's were number sequencing,
GRE analogies, antonyms (abt. 10 q's). totally about 50 q's
2 .Microcontroller 8086 (basics only,some q's like max. unsigned number in 8086 ans = power16 ) there were some small codes you need to tracae.
3 .'c' was simple, there were some stubs o/p was to be traced. there was one bit wise 'or'
4 .I felt this the toughest (Java/C++/OSconcepts) Java and C++ were general questions, no progs. and os was easy. (i guess i got just 40 % right in this section)
1. A 2MB PCM(pulse code modulation) has
a) 32 channels
b) 30 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
c) 31 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
d) 32 channels out of which 30 voice channels, 1 signalling channel, & 1 Synchronizatio channel. Ans: (c)
2. Time taken for 1 satellite hop in voice communication is
a) 1/2 second
b) 1 seconds
c) 4 seconds
d) 2 seconds Ans: (a)
3. Max number of satellite hops allowed in voice communication is :
a) only one
b) more han one
c) two hops
d) four hops Ans: (c)
4. What is the max. decimal number that can be accomodated in a byte.
d) 512 Ans: (c)
5. Conditional results after execution of an instruction in a micro processor is stored in
c) flag register
d) flag register part of PSW(Program Status Word) Ans: (d)
6. Frequency at which VOICE is sampled is
a) 4 Khz
b) 8 Khz
c) 16 Khz
d) 64 Khz Ans: (a)
7. Line of Sight is
a) Straight Line
c) Tx & Rx should be visible to each other
d) none Ans: (c)
8. Purpose of PC(Program Counter) in a MicroProcessor is
a) To store address of TOS(Top Of Stack)
b) To store address of next instruction to be executed.
c) count the number of instructions.
d) to store base address of the stack. Ans: (b)
9. What action is taken when the processor under execution is interrupted by a non-maskable interrupt?
a) Processor serves the interrupt request after completing the execution of the current instruction.
b) Processor serves the interupt request after completing the current task.
c) Processor serves the interupt request immediately.
d) Processor serving the interrupt request depends upon the priority of the current task under execution. Ans: (a)
10. The status of the Kernel is
c) not defined.
d) none of the above. Ans: (b)
11 What is the nominal voltage required in subscriber loop connected to local exchange?
a) +48 volts
b) -48 volts
c) 230 volts
d) 110 volts
12. To send a data packet using datagram , connection will be established
a) before data transmission.
b) connection is not established before data transmission.
c) no connection is required.
d) none of the above. Ans: (c)
13. Word allignment is
a) alligning the address to the next word boundary of the machine.
b) alligning to even boundary.
c) alligning to word boundary.
d) none of the above. Ans: (a)
14 When a 'C' function call is made, the order in which parameters passed to the function are pushed into the stack is
a) left to right
b) right to left
c) bigger variables are moved first than the smaller variales.
d) smaller variables are moved first than the bigger ones.
e) none of the above. Ans: (b)
15 What is the type of signalling used between two exchanges?
b) common channel signalling
c) any of the above
d) none of the above. Ans: (a)
16. Buffering is
a) the process of temporarily storing the data to allow for small variation in device speeds
b) a method to reduce cross talks
c) storage of data within transmitting medium until the receiver is ready to receive.
d) a method to reduce routing overhead. Ans: (a)
17. A protocol is a set of rules governing a time sequence of events that must take place between
c) allocated on stack
d) assigned to registers.
18. Memory allocation of variables declared in a program is
a) allocated in RAM.
b) allocated in ROM.
c) allocated on stack.
d) assigned to registers. Ans: (c)
19. A software that allows a personal computer to pretend as a computer terminal is
a) terminal adapter
b) bulletin board
d) terminal emulation Ans: (d)
The following questions (Q20-Q33) are of a slightly different pattern than those above and may also be asked:
20. Find the output of the following program
21. What does the statement int(*x)() indicate?
22. Which addressing mode is used in the following statements:
(a) MVI B,55
(b) MOV B,A
(c) MOV M,A
(a) Immediate addressing mode.
(b) Register Addressing Mode
(c) Direct addressing mode
23. RS-232C standard is used in _____________. Ans. Serial I/O
24. How are parameters passed to the main function?
25. What does the file stdio.h contain?
a) functin definition
b) function decleration
c) both func. defn & func. decleration.
26. sscanf is used for ?
27. Memory. Management in Operating Systems is done by
a) Memory Management Unit
b) Memory management software of the Operating System
c) Kernel Ans: (b)
28. What does the statement strcat(S2,S1) do?
29. TCP(Transmission Control Protocol) is Connection Oriented and used in ______________ layer?
30. IP(Internet Protocol) is connectionless and used in _________________ layer?
31. For LAN Netwrok layer is not required. Why?
32. What is done for a Push opertion? Ans: SP is decremented and then the value is stored.
33. Describe the following structures as LIFO/FILO/FIFO/LILO (a) Stack (b) Queue
Monday, February 25, 2008
Interview Procedure :