There were totally 70 questions, and the duration is 60 mins, out of 70 questions, 30 are english language , based on Antonyms, Synonyms, Sentence completion etc. And the other 40 ques r aptitude. Iam sending only apti ques , bcoz only these ques I remembered. These may not be in the same order, anyway go thru it,
1.Judy is now twice as old as Adam,but 6 years ago, she was 5 times as old as he was . How old is judy now?
A) 10 B) 16 C) 20 D) 24 E) 32
2. if 3x=2(5-2x), then x = ?
A) –10/7 B) 0 C) 3/7 D) 1 E) 10/7
3. If a is equal to the sum of b and c, which of the following is equal to the difference of b and c
A) a-b-c B) a-b+c C) a-c D) a-2c E) a-b-2c
4.if the sum of five consecutive even integers is t, then, in terms of t, what is the greatest of these integers?
A) (t-20)/5 B) (t-10)/5 C) t/5 D) (t+10)/5 E) (t+20)/5
5. If a school cafeteria needs c cans of soup each week for each student, and if there are s students in the school, for how many weeks will x cans of soup last?
A) csx B) xs/c C) s/cx D) x/cs E) cx/s
6. A vendor sell h hot dogs and s sodas. If a hot dog costs twice as much as a soda, and if the vendor takes in a total of d dollars , how many cents does a soda cost?
A)100d/(s+2h) B) (s+2h)/100d C)d(s+2h)/100
D) 100d(s+2h) E) d/100(s+2h)
7.Yann will be x year old y years from now . How old was he z years ago?
A)x+y+z B) x+y-z C)x-y-z D)y-x-z E)z-y-x
8.At Medison High school each student studies exactly one foreign language. Three-fifth of the students take Spanish,and one-fourth of the remaining students take German. If all of the others take French, what percent of the students take French?
A)10 B)15 C) 20 D) 25 E) 30
9.From 1994 to 1995 the sales of a book decreased by 80%. If the sales in 1996 were the same as in 1994, by what percent did they increase from 1995 to 1996?
A)80% B)100% C) 120% D) 400% E) 500%
10. if 25% of 260 equals 6.5% of a, what is a?
A) 10 B) 65 C) 100 D) 130 E) 1000
11. in a certain club , the ratio of the number of boys to girls is 5:3. what percent of the members of club are girls?
A) 37.5% B) 50% C) 60% D) 62.5% E) 80%
12. From 1980 to 1990 , Lior’s weight increased by 25% . if his weight was k kilograms in 1990, what was it in 1980?
A)1.75k B) 1.25k C) 1.20k D) 0.80k E) 0.75k
13. Evan has 4 times as many books as David and 5 times as many as Jason .If Jason has more than 40 books , what is the least number of books that Evan could have ?
A)200 B)205 C) 210 D) 220 E) 240
14. Alison is now three times as old as Jermy, but 5 years ago , she was 5 times as old as he was . How old is Alison now?
A) 10 B) 12 C) 24 D) 30 E) 36
15. What is the largest prime factor of 255?
A) 5 B) 15 C) 17 D) 51 E) 255
16. if w widgets cost c cents , how many widgets can you get for d dollars?
A) 100dw/c B) dw/100c C) 100cdw D) dw/c E) cdw
17. if 120% of a is equal to 80% of b, which of the following is equal to a+b?
A) 1.5a B) 2a C) 2.5a D) 3a E) 5a
18. if x and y are integers such that x3=y2 , which couldnot be the value of y?
A) -1 B) 1 C) 8 D) 16 E) 27
19. what is a devided by a% of a ?
A) a/100 B) 100/a C) a2 /100 D) 100/a2 E) 100a
20. If an object is moving at a speed of 36 kilometers per hour , how many meters does it travel in one second ?
A) 10 B) 36 C) 100 D) 360 E) 1000
21. jen , ken and len devided a cash prize. Jen took 50% of the money and spent 3/5 of what she took. Ken took 40% of the money and spent ¾ of what he took
22-40 Questions on matchinh columns which number is greater etc.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
FCG Placement Paper-1