Different types of interview sessions
1) Questions asked on the basis of your CV and past academics background.
2) Interview by a number of people where the candidate is pressurized by asking number of question during the same time.
3) Interview on doing and explaining some task on some traits like leadership, management etc.
General Tips before interview
Try to appear your best at the Interview. Your appearance should convey that you have taken the interview seriously. Do not try to turn up in the interview in a manner that does not suit you. Some basics in grooming will help.
a. Well Groomed Hair
b. Well Pressed Shirt
c. Polished Shoes
2. Know about the company. You should learn as much as you can about the company. A good place to start is the company's website. If you have been referred through a friend also have a frank discussion with him or her. Also, do a google search on the company to understand what others are saying about the company.
3. Answer clearly and directly. Spell out your ideas as clearly as you can. Also try to substantiate your ideas with examples. Don't be overly wordy and try to keep your answers to the point. Do not try to deviate too much from the question.
4. Do not be argumentative. Present your viewpoint and be professional. If you do not agree with something the Interviewer has said do not spurn it as invalid. Learn to understand their point of view even if it clashed with your own. This does not mean that you need to accept their point of view.
5. Be prepared with questions for the Interviewer. Most interviewers will give you a chance to ask questions. Use this opportunity to show your knowledge and interest in the company. Also this is a good opportunity to clear any doubts that you have.
6. Address the Interviewer politely. It is always polite to refer to the Interviewer as SIR or Maam. You can also address them their Surname (Mr. XXX or Mrs. XXX). Do not use terms such as Honey, Girl, Dude, Yaar etc.
7. Be Confident. Be confident, you have prepared well and this should show in your confidence level in the interview.
Preparation tips for interview round
1) Read your resume completely.
2) Prepare question which can be asked by the interview panel. Questions related to your academic records and your hobbies are generally asked by the interview panel.
3) Read about the organisation for which you are interviewed, go through the official website of the organisation once completely and have a look on the products and services offered by the company.
4) Rehearse your interview round, gave interview in front of your teacher or an interview expert few times before the actual interview.
"Be punctual - Arrive on time better half an hour earlier. Have a positive body language, good eye contact, wear neat and clean clothes"
Tell Me a Little About Yourself?
What's Your Biggest Weakness?
What experience do you have in this field?
Are you a team player?
Tell me about your ability to work under pressure.